Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Mom's Birthday Bag


Mom's birthday present this year was (surprise!) a felted bag. I used different colors in it as you can see but I also mixed in a little gold cord for a little contrast to the wool. The front flap goes to the side for a different look and is covered in felted flowers. It was a lot of fun making this bag but lots of work that turned out to be worth every minute I spent on it. I think she liked it... She's asked for another, which is on its way of being completed, although it is taking a long time for me to figure out exactly what I want on it. Sometimes good things take a little longer to transpire.

Enjoy the bag mom, stay tuned for your next one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Mom's bag looks great! I can really see the details when I click on the picture. Can't wait to see what's next.

Acorn to Oak said...

The bigger pictures really show off your amazing creations so much better!

You're so great at those flowers! Do you make them all up or are most of them from patterns?

Lee Ann said...

Hi Acorn,
Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. Yes, I do a lot of them from patterns but I've just gotten into making my own up to fit the bags I'm embellishing. Thank you for the comment. ;)