I was making a purse out of this yarn and decided it was a big waste of this pretty yarn. I frogged it and decided to make the Feathers and Fans scarf my girlfriend was making. This was also my first attempt to wire block anything and so far it’s doing good. However, I wanted it blocked immediately and asked for tips from a GF. There was no way I was going to be able to get blocking wires in time and decided to scout the house for wire. Low and behold, I found jewlry/floral wire, 24 guage. It worked fine. I put it in the end of a big needle and wove it in and out of the edging of the scarf. I was able to spool out as much wire as I needed for the length and it stayed pretty good. Love how it came out.